Let me see if I am getting this right...
- Birdsite bought by Musk. Guts the moderation teams among others
- Tesla in bed with #Chinese Officials.
- #China #protest content on #Twitter is drown out in NSFW spam
- No comment from Musk on China #protests
Musk claims to be a free speech advocate. You can't make this stuff up.
I said that Mastodon moderation wouldn't scale, I was wrong. The cultural differences will likely continue to maintain a friendlier atmosphere regardless of size.
Twitter hit with wave of porn and spam obscuring tweets about China protests https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/28/23481673/twitter-porn-spam-chinese-protests-obscuring-information
- Always bake your own Docker images instead of using Docker Hub. Many Hub images are full of high-scoring CVEs.
- Docker pull using SHA over tags.
- Run your registry with local, Gitlab or https://goharbor.io/
Got any more to add to the list???
Much of the same process would work for other types of Fediverse servers.
2019 article on Tor in China:
Also, a reminder to protect privacy use #unbound as a recursive DNS server on #pihole since any upstream you use can track your DNS queries. This is how people who do not use #Google still fall into their tracking by using the four 8s DNS they make memorable.
We're starting to see a wave of suspensions of anti fascist accounts all over Twitter. Yesterday, it was the Elm Fork John Brown Gun Club. Today, it was Chad Loder. It's clear Twitter is now targeting the accounts of ideological opponents of the far right.
CryptoCartel.social is a social site for blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFT enthusiasts. Meet others, discuss, shill, and grow the community! Everyone welcome!